Saturday, September 08, 2012

In Wake

Today I attended a wake,
and it hit me that the name in itself means so much.

And perhaps even though in this earth, the time of one's life has ceased ticking...
it means somewhere else the journey has begun for a new phase.

As we sat there, realizing how many years of our lives have passed us by...
only to have our paths cross again on such an occasion..

So many years down the road,
I guess I'm glad for the way things happened.
Despite how painfully incomprehensible some of it may be, even till now.

Humans are a difficult bunch to keep, to understand, to bring together in one mind, one might.

In the wake of it all,
I hope to fall asleep,
peacefully... gratefully..

Praying that the mercies new every morning will help us to re-learn...
the power of pure love, sacrifice...
and unaccountable,
unconditional friendship and joy.




No comments: